Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Decent Blog Editor - Qumana

Well, it took a while but I think I've finally found a decent desktop blog editor: Qumana.  There's a daily download type thing over at Lifehacker.  And another review over at Techcrunch.


Who would've thought that it'd be so difficult to track down a decent one with so many people blogging these days?!  I must have tried abut 6 or 7 other programs before finding one that had the level of functionality I was after (and believe me, my standards weren't high).


So why do I like it?  Three words: easy to use!  As you probably know, this blog is hosted on Blogger, one of the main blogging sites on the interwebs.  Given the popularity of a Blogger account, I don't think it's asking too much of editing software for it to be easy to link to my blog.  Not a priority for most developers apparently...  Qumana on the other hand was a delight.  Enter your blogs URL, enter your user id and password and you're away. 


Once I started using it, things continued in much the same vein.  Click on the new post button, type in some stuff in html or using the (extremely user-friendly) WYSIWYG editor, check the spelling, click on the publish post button.  It's that easy.


Now if only they made something for coding...


Powered by Qumana


No comments: